For girls 9 to 12 years of age
The Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will do my duty
To God and my country
To help other people at all times
And to live by the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Ang Pangako ng Girl Scout
Sa aking karangalan,
gagampanan ko ang aking tungkulin sa Diyos at sa aking bayan.
Tutulong ako sa aking kapwa sa lahat ng pagkakataon
at isasabuhay ko ang Batas ng Girl Scout.
The Girl Scout Law
- A Girl Scout’s honor is to be trusted.
- A Girl Scout is loyal.
- A Girl Scout is helpful.
- A Girl Scout is a friend to all and a sister to every other Girl Scout.
- A Girl Scout is courteous.
- A Girl Scout respects living things.
- A Girl Scout is disciplined.
- A Girl Scout is self-reliant.
- A Girl Scout is thrifty.
- A Girl Scout is clean in thought word and deed.
Ang Batas ng Girl Scout
- Ang Girl Scout ay mapagkakatiwalaan.
- Ang Girl Scout ay matapat.
- Ang Girl Scout ay matulungin.
- Ang Girl Scout ay kaibigan ng lahat at kapatid ng bawat Girl Scout.
- Ang Girl Scout ay mapitagan.
- Ang Girl Scout ay magalang sa lahat ng may buhay.
- Ang Girl Scout ay disiplinado.
- Ang Girl Scout ay may sariling paninindigan.
- Ang Girl Scout ay matipid.
- Ang Girl Scout ay malinis sa isip, sa salita at sa gawa.
The age range for each age level is flexible. Exceptions may be made. Girls may join at any level. They do not have to go through the Junior level before they can join the Senior level and so on. A troop leader takes up only one age level. It will be difficult for both the leader and the girls if the unit or troop were composed of girls of varying ages for obvious reasons. Each age level is distinct in activities, uniform, insignia, but all levels have these in common:
- make the Promise
- use the small group or patrol method
- committed to do the Good Turn
- encourage girls to make decisions
- learn by doing
- belong to the national organization and the WAGGGS
As they move or progress through the age levels, girls want to be seen as “growing up”. This is one reason why each age level is different but has similarities to the others.